Student Organization Support (R.I.S.E Club)
Respect Immigrant Students’ Education (RISE) was founded in 2007 by Puente and non-Puente students who felt the need to start a club that would serve as a support network for undocumented students. RISE’s mission is to provide academic guidance and moral support, educational information, and scholarship opportunities to students, regardless of their background. It also counts on the support of administrators, faculty and counselors as well as the Dream Resource Center.
- Acquire a greater understanding of selfhood.
- Acquire more information about their rights as undocumented student
- Discover and/or develop leadership qualities.
- Become more actively involved on campus and in the community.
- Hone verbal and social skills.
- Network with fellow peers.
- Develop awareness of community resources