New Student Checklist for Undocumented Students
New Student Checklist for Undocumented, AB540 and DACA students at LATTC
Dream Resource Center staff is available to assist you with this process if you have questions or need help*. Visit the Dream Center webpage for hours and additional info.
Start by completing all general New Student Steps.
Note: When completing the LATTC online application for admission, you will be asked to provide your social security number and citizenship status information.
- If you received a Social Security Number (SSN) through Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), use it for this section.
- If you have no SSN but have a valid Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), you may use that for this section.
- If you do not have an ITIN or SSN, check the box at the bottom of the page labeled “Check this box if you do not have a Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number, or decline to provide one at this time.”
- If you do not have a current valid immigration status, in the Citizenship/Military section of the application, choose “Other” from the drop-down menu and click the box labeled “No documents.”
In accordance with our Privacy Protocol, LATTC College will not release any student information, including immigration status or related information in confidential student records, to any member of the public, federal agencies or other parties without prior written consent from the student, a court order or a lawfully issued subpoena, or as otherwise required by law.
Determine whether you have been classified as a non-resident. If you have, you may receive an email or notice that your fees are much higher than expected. If this is the case, you may still be eligible to either (1) be reclassified as a CA resident or (2) have your non-resident tuition waived.
- To be reclassified as a CA resident, submit the Supplemental Residency Form to the Office of Admissions and Records*. This petition will require supporting documentation and should only be submitted if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You currently hold an immigration status (like DACA or permanent resident) that is eligible to establish California residency and you have had (or applied for) that status at least 366 days prior to the start of the term.
- You have been physically present in California with the intent to make California your home for other than a temporary purpose at least 366 days prior to the start of the term.
- Non Resident Waiver through (A) AB540 or (B) Non resident waiver.
AB540- If you have attended school in California for three full-time years or the equivalent and have completed.
Submit the along with your high school transcript to the Office of Admissions and Records, if you meet the full AB-540 criteria*.
- Nonresident Waiver- If you have been physically present in California for at least 366 days prior to the start of the term are a Foreign Citizen (not a US Citizen)who is legally prohibited from establishing residency in CA can be eligible to pay in-state tuition. You must also:
- Meet the financial assistance requirement
- Are enrolled in at least one (1) unit
Be sure to complete and submit a Nonresident Tuition Waiver from Dream Resource Center (Fill-able file below).
If you meet the criteria for AB-540, apply for financial aid by submitting the CA Dream Act Application online by the March 2nd priority deadline*. Please note, you can still apply for the CA Promise Grant Fee Waiver even after the March 2nd deadline.
CA Dream Act checklist, more information on financial aid, and to find scholarships you may be eligible to apply for.
Check out the resources for undocumented, AB 540, and DACA students at the LATTC Dream Resource Center, including free legal aid services, counseling, help with financial aid, a laptop lending program, and the LATTC RISE Club.
For Admissions & Records:
For Residency forms, please download, complete and submit the form along with required documentation. Send from your LATTC student email account (@student.laccd.edu) to A&R at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email us at: email@example.com from your LATTC student email account (@student.laccd.edu). Submit any 2019-2020 verification documents to Fin Aid using campus logic at Verify my FAFSA.(CA Dream Act students must input CA Dream Act ID instead of social security number).
For the LATTC Dream Center:
The Dream Center is currently providing services remotely over the phone or online.