Check here for the most current changes and updates to Academic Policy, which may impact you and your activities while in the LA Community College District.
Full list of policies and detailed descriptions can be found in the current Catalog.
Catalog Section III - Policies
- AB 705 for College Council (PPT file)
- AB 705 FAQ 030218 FINAL
- AB 705 Fact Sheet UPDATED
- Key Changes in K12 state standards and assessments
- LACCD Spotlight - Working Together to Implement AB705
- Syllabus AB705
- Enhanced English 101 – AB 705
English 100 or placed into English 28?
You can skip one level and enroll in Enhanced English 101.
Education Code section 68075.6 grants an immediate nonresident tuition fee exemption to eligible Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) holders and refugee students who settled in California upon entering the United States. This exemption is granted for one year from the date the student settled in California upon entering the United States.
This exemption applies to the following:
- Iraqi citizens or nationals (and their spouses and children) who were employed by or on behalf of the United States Government in Iraq (Pub.L. No. 110-181, § 1244)
- Afghan and Iraqi translators (and their spouses and children) who worked directly with the United States Armed Forces (Pub.L. No. 109-163, § 1059)
- Afghanistan nationals who were employed by or on behalf of the U.S. government or in the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan (Pub.L. No. 111-8, § 602)
- Refugee students admitted to the United States under Section 1157 of Title 8 of the United States Code
The LATTC College Catalog is a 2-year publication, updated on the second year. Although every effort has been made to ensure accuracy of the information in this Catalog, students and others are encouraged to consult with a counselor for any questions
Find the classes you're going to take next using the Schedule of Classes. You'll also find archived schedules and a list of non-credit classes available. Be advised, the most current class information can be found in the Student Information System (currently using PeopleSoft) for which there is the "Class Schedule Search" (a link not requiring a login) to browse class offerings.
Spring Semester (February 6th thru June 5th)
Winter Semester (January 03 thru February 05)
Fall Semester (August 29 thru December 18)
We are a public community college with a variety of program options for the discerning student. In addition to our unmatched selection of quality career programs which train you for great careers in two years; we offer programs to provide lower division transfer preparation to a four-year university.
Look through the Academic Programs at LATTC. You can filter by your Success Goal (degree, certificate, or transfer), by Pathway, or by "Topic of Study" (job-related terms that might be more familiar).