||Appropriate Documents for Action
|Issue regarding student-to-instructor conflict within the classroom; for example:
- Disagreement with current grades received within a course
- Student has not received a syllabus for the course
- Department Chair of the area for the resolution.
- if issue is not resolved, process moves to area Dean of Instructional Affairs.
- if student issue us still not resolved, copies of the written complaint are given to the student and the original copies with appropriate signatures are forwarded to the Campus Ombudsperson.
|Option One - Student Conflict Resolution On-line Form (do not use regarding a final grade)
Option Two - Student Conflict Resolution - Green Form PDF Should be completed and the appropriate signatures must be present prior to the meeting with the Ombudsperson
|Issue regarding final grade received in course
- Student confers with instructor. There is no need to complete a Conflict Resolution form.
- If an agreement cannot be reached, student must fill out a "Petition for Grade Change" form to Admissions & Records. A&R forwards completed form to instructor of record for required action.
- If Petition for Grade Change is denied by instructor, a Request for Assistance E-55 Form 1 may be submitted.
- No form needed
- Grade Challenge Petition PDF
- E-55 Form PDF
|Issue with discrimination or harassment
||Office of the Ombudsperson – Administration/Services Building, E5-532.