Welcome to the Internship/Cooperative Work Experience Education website!
Cooperative Work Experience Education (CWEE) combines on-the-job experience with regular classroom instruction. It is designed to expand students’ skills and knowledge, and to improve self-understanding by integrating classroom study with supervised work experience.
CWEE is based on the principle that well-educated individuals develop most effectively through the incorporation of related education and work experience. By monitoring structured work experiences in business, industry, government and human services settings, LATTC provides enrichment to college studies which enhance the student’s total development.
In the Cooperative Work Experience Education program, individual student educational objectives are carefully planned and coordinated between the College, student, and employer to ensure a positive and realistic employment experience.
Students employed in a job not related to their major should enroll in:
COOP ED General Course: 395
Students employed in a job related to their major should enroll in:
COOP ED MAJOR Course: 941
Section: See schedule
Los Angeles Trade Technical College uses College Central Network as a job resource and resume system. The site is available 24/7 to students, alumni, and employers.
- Students, quickly apply to jobs and Internship/Co-op opportunities posted exclusively for you, and search other opportunities via Jobs Central®, Intern Central®, and national job boards.
- Students can create and upload resumes and career portfolios to make available to employers.
- Access our events calendar, and career/job search advice documents, podcasts, videos and more.
- Review Career Fair information and company recruitment visits.
- Employers can search for talented students and alumni, and post unlimited jobs for free.
Cooperative Work Experience Education has the following objectives:
- To provide opportunity for the student to secure employment on a parttime or full-time basis.
- To gain realistic work experience that is meaningfully related to the student’s college study program.
- To provide the student the opportunity to acquire knowledge, skills, and attitudes essential for successful employment.
A student enrolled in Cooperative Work Experience Education:
- Has the opportunity to learn or improve employment skills under actual working conditions.
- Gains perspective on career goals through application of classroom theory to “real life experience.”
- Builds self-identity and confidence as a worker through individual attention given by instructor/coordinators and employers.
- Has opportunities to test personal abilities in work environments.
- Has a more realistic approach to the Job market.
- May refer to work experience education in future job applications.
- Benefits financially while learning, and can begin a career earlier.
The LATTC College Catalog is a 2-year publication, updated on the second year.
Although every effort has been made to ensure accuracy of the information in this Catalog, students and others are encouraged to consult with a counselor for any questions.
Find the classes you're going to take next using the Schedule of Classes. You'll also find archived schedules and a list of non-credit classes available.
Be advised, the most current class information can be found in the Student Information System (currently using PeopleSoft) for which there is the "Class Schedule Search" (a link not requiring a login) to browse class offerings.
Schedule of Classes Fall Semester
August 29 thru December 18
January 03 thru February 05
We are a public community college with a variety of program options for the discerning student. In addition to our unmatched selection of quality career programs which train you for great careers in two years; we offer programs to provide lower division transfer preparation to a four-year university.
Look through the Academic Programs at LATTC. You can filter by your Success Goal (degree, certificate, or transfer), by Pathway, or by "Topic of Study" (job-related terms that might be more familiar).
Check here for the most current changes and updates to Academic Policy, which may impact you and your activities while in the LA Community College District.
Full list of policies and detailed descriptions can be found in the current Catalog.
School of Business & Civic Engagement, C4-203D
Christie Dam, PhD, Professor, Cooperative Work Experience Education
Phone: (213) 763-7075