Current Student

This website uses cookies
We use cookies to personalize content, providing better support to each student. We do not share information about your use of our site with any advertising companies. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use this feature. About Cookies

Not a Student
Clear/Deselect All Checkboxes

My Profile

Not a Student

My Pathway

Select the Current Student button above to unlock the pathway

Enrollment & Special Cases

Home > Services > Admissions & Records > FAQs


Frequently Asked Questions

1. How much do classes cost?
2. Do I need a high school diploma to attend LATTC?
3. How do I receive credit at LATTC for classes I took at another college or university?
4. I attended LATTC before, do I need to reapply for admission?
5. How can I make a change or update my information (i.e. name, address)?
6. Do I qualify for the AB-540 tuition exemption?
7. How do I apply for the AB-540 tuition exemption?
8. If I fail a class can I repeat it?
9. I passed a class I previously failed, does my new grade replace my old one?
10. Why can’t I change/receive my personal information over the phone?
11. What is a “W”?
12. Can I repeat a class if I previously received a “W”?
13. How long does it take for grades to post?
14. What is SIS?
15. If in person registration is first come first served, what is my registration appointment for?

The enrollment fee at LATTC is $46 per unit.
Out-of-state students: $190 per unit plus enrollment fee of $46 per unit.
Foreign students: $190 per unit plus a $22 Capital Outlay Fee per unit and enrollment fee of *$46 per unit.
Check the current Schedule of Classes for updated rates

No. Anyone who is 18 years of age or older qualifies for admission. Anyone 17 years of age or younger, who has completed all the necessary supplemental forms, also qualifies for admission.

Request your transcripts be mailed directly to LATTC’s Office of Admissions & Records. WE DO NOT ACCEPT transcripts submitted in person-they must be mailed to our office from your previous college or university.

Once your transcripts are on file in our office, submit a request for Substitution of Credit via Academic Petition, which is available in the counseling office.

Students who do not register for classes for 1 year (or 2 consecutive semesters) must reapply for admission as returning students. If you are not sure, you can check to see if you have a registration appointment for the next semester by checking the SIS online.

Information changes or updates to student records must be requested in writing. You can submit a request for a Change of Address, Name Change, Social Security Number Change, or Date of Birth at the Office of Admissions & Records. Depending upon the type of information change, you will also need to submit proof, such as I.D., social security card, birth certificate, court order, etc.

You qualify for the AB-540 tuition exemption if you are a student who:

  • Attended a California high school for 3 or more years
  • Graduated from a California high school
  • Has enrolled in an accredited institution of higher learning in California
  • Has filed or will file an affidavit stating you will apply for legal residency
  • Is not a non-immigrant holding a valid lettered non-immigrant visa

Just fill out the Non-Resident Exemption Affidavit (available in the Office of Admissions and Records).

If you received a grade lower than a “C” you are allowed to repeat the class a up to a third time. Should you receive a failing grade again, you will need to submit a petition for special permission to take the class a third time.

Yes, it can, but it is not automatic. In order for your new grade to replace your previous grade, you must come to the Office of Admissions and Records and file a Line Out Request Card. All coursework will still show on your record, however, the “F” or “D” will not count toward your GPA.

In compliance with Federal and State law, our college may not release or disclose students’ records or information without the written consent of the student. Therefore, you are not allowed to make any changes, receive any student or personal information over the phone. Please visit the Office of Admissions and Records to make any changes or to request your student record information.

A “W” represents a Withdrawal. A “W” will appear on your record when you drop a class after the Drop with No Penalty deadline. It does not count toward your GPA, but indicates that you did not successfully complete a class.

Yes. Since a “W” is not technically a grade, you may repeat a class for which you have previously received a “W” without petitioning for special permission.

After a class has concluded, it takes approximately 2 weeks for your grade to post. If you wish to see your grade you can use SIS. You cannotreceive your grades by calling the Office of Admissions and Records.

SIS is the Student Information System. With SIS you can add/drop classes, you can print unofficial transcripts, view your grades, pay your fees, view your holds, change your PIN, and check your financial aid status.

Your registration appointment is the date and time that your record becomes active for SIS registration. On or after that date and time you’ll be able to add classes, as long as they have not started.

Social Media Directory 
  • LATTC Official on Facebook
  • LATTC Official on Twitter
  • LATTC Official on Instagram
  • LATTC Official on LinkedIn
  • LATTC Official on Snapchat
  • LATTC Official on YouTube
  • LATTC Official RSS Feed

Links to More Important LATTC Info

Are You a High School Counselor?

Visit our Outreach & Recruitment page to setup a campus tour or get more information for your students to share on your campus. We can also schedule a time to visit your campus. Click the button below for more information or email

Outreach & Recruitment

Do You Have a Story To Share?

Visit our Public Relations page to get in touch with us. Our team will either reach out to you to for information or you can share it using the Public Relations Form. You can also call the office line at 213-763-7063 or email

Public Relations Office

Visitor Buttons

Safety and More General Info

Getting to LATTC and Contacting Us


Los Angeles Trade Technical College
400 West Washington Blvd, Los Angeles 90015
Phone (213) 763-7000 - Fax (213) 763-5393

Student Success Scorecard


Campus Map
Getting Here
Phone Directory
Social Media Directory

Whistleblower Hotline

Protect the integrity of the Los Angeles Community College District by reporting improper activity today to the Whistleblower Hotline at 1-800-851-3699 or see the
Whistleblower Info PDF
Whistleblower Website for BuildLACCD Projects

Copyright © 2022 LATTC. All Rights Reserved.