Applying for Graduation
(Degree and Certificate)
Please log in to PeopleSoft Student Portal to fill out the appropriate application for the degree/certificate and submit it before the deadline.
Once in PeopleSoft, navigate to Academics menu > My Academics > Petition for Graduation and apply within the first 6 weeks of the current semester. Applications submitted after deadline may be reviewed for the subsequent semester.
Click on Apply for Graduation and verify our academic program, degree and/or certificate are correct. Please meet with your counselor for assistance. Please note, you can only submit one petition to graduate form until the initial form has been accepted or denied.
- If you are applying for an Associate Transfer Degree please see a counselor
- If you are applying for a high unit major degree and requesting to waive three units under LACCD GE unit requirements, please submit a waiver petition (see a counselor for assistance).
- You will be notified of your degree/certificate evaluation before the end of the semester in which the application is filed.
- Students who would like to receive their degree or certificate via mail may do so by including a written request with the Application for Degree or Certificate form.
- Your name will appear on your degree or certificate as it appears on your current record. Please go to the Admissions & Records to update any personal information changes such as name, address, etc.
- Complete the Commencement Ceremony RSVP form to register to participate in the graduation ceremony held in June.
- Please visit the Commencement Ceremony page for additional information
Best wishes on your future educational endeavors!