Graduation FAQs

How to Apply for Graduation

Students must speak to a Counselor to ensure that (1) their academic plan is correct and (2) they meet all the requirements (or will meet all the requirements) within the petitioning semester for their Degree (s) or Certificate(s). The following must be received and/or resolved at Admissions and Records prior to submitting your graduation petition if you plan to receive credit:

  • College/University transcript
  • High School transcripts
  • AP scores
  • Substitutions
  • CSU/IGETC Certification form

Graduation Petitions must be submitted through the student portal.

Graduation Calendar

Fall 2022:
Award Posting: Completed
Diploma Mailing: Completed

Spring 2023:
Evaluation: Beginning May 1
Award Posting: August
Diploma Mailing: September

Summer 2023:
Evaluation: Beginning September
Award Posting: October
Diploma Mailing: November

Commencement Ceremony

Information about the upcoming commencement ceremony can be found at Student Life | Commencement Ceremony where you will find information about the event's schedule, how to RSVP, cap and gown rentals, and other pertinent information.



I graduated recently, when will my diploma be ready?
Please refer to the Graduation Calendar above for updates.

I graduated in the past, how can I obtain my diploma?
If students have not picked up their physical diploma before, they will need contact the evaluator assigned to their last name to assist with obtaining diploma.

I need a replacement diploma, how can I obtain that?
If students need a replacement diploma, they can fill out the Request Duplicate Diploma form (below) and mail form to the Admissions Office with the processing fee. A $10 processing fee, along with $5.50 fee for postage and certified mail per duplicate request must be paid to the Business Office prior to submitting the request(s).

Request Duplicate Diploma

I recently moved/provided incorrect contact information. How can I update that?
Depending on where in the review process the student's petition is, students can contact their Graduation Evaluator to notify them of the change and complete the Student Information Change form (below) with 2 forms of ID.

Student Information Change


How do I change my major/degree?
To update/change a major, students will need to speak to a Counselor. Petitions cannot be changed or altered once they have been submitted to the Admissions and Records Office.

How do I send my LACCD official transcripts after my degree has been posted?
Please refer to the Transcript and Verification page.

Which semesters can I petition for graduation?
Students have the options of petitioning during the following semesters: Spring, Summer, and Fall.

My Degree petition was denied. What do I do now?
Students will receive a notification explaining reason(s) why their petition was denied and must follow up with a Counselor.

I completed the CSU/IGETC general education plan, what do I do?
Students must visit with a Counselor to complete a certification form that must be submitted to their graduation evaluator.