The Associates in Arts Degree in English for Transfer (AA-T) is for students who intend to complete a bachelor’s degree in English at a California State University. Core course work explores primarily British and American writers through an array of literary traditions, providing opportunities for students to express their understanding and appreciation of the literary world through analysis, research and composition.
This degree provides lower division preparation for students planning to transfer into English programs. Students will take courses in English as well as related fields required for English majors. Students who complete this degree will be guaranteed admission with junior status to the California State University, though not a particular campus or major, and will be given priority admission to our local CSU campus.
The Associate in Arts in English for Transfer (AA-T) degree will be awarded upon completion of the following:
- Completion of 60 transferable semester units to the California State University
- Obtainment of a minimum grade point average of 2.0 in all transferable coursework.
- Full completion of one the following General education patterns
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC), with “C”s or better in all coursework AND completion of Area 1C Oral communication (CSU admission requirement)
- California State University General Education – Breadth Requirements (CSU GE). Areas A1, A2, A3, & B4 must be completed with a grade of “C” or better (CSU admission requirement)
- A minimum of 18 semester units required for the major
- All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of “C” or better or a “P” if the course is taken on a “Pass-No Pass” basis (Title 5 § 55063).