LA Chef Conference
🔗We are very excited to announce the inaugural LA Chef Con & LATTC Culinary Arts Mentorship Program!
As part of this new annual partnership, 5 LATTC Culinary Arts Pathway Students will be selected to win $1k each and be paired with a leading industry mentor for one year to further their growth and education in culinary arts. This includes a meal with the Mentor at their restaurant, quarterly zoom and/or phone calls, and Mentor accessibility via email.
We are proud to introduce this year’s industry mentors:
@susanfeniger | Chef/Co-Owner, @bordergrill @socalorestaurant @bbqmexicana + @pacha_mamaslv
@chefkeithcorbin | 2 x James Beard Nominee and Executive Chef/Owner of @altarestaurant
@dellagossett | Executive Pastry Chef, @spagobh
@romwilson | CEO, @lawrystheprimerib
@ari.rosenson | VP of F&B Operations, @wolfgangpuck Fine Dining Group
Enormous thank you to our Benefactor Sponsor @lawrystheprimerib for making this all possible.
THE WINNERS RECEIVE:
- $1,000 courtesy of our Benefactor Sponsor Lawry’s Restaurants
- Mentorship for 1 year by an industry leader. This includes a meal at the Mentor’s restaurant with the Mentor and then quarterly zoom or calls as well as email correspondence.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Must be a current LATTC Culinary Pathways Student.
- Must be available to attend the 2023 LA Chef Conference at LATTC on Monday October 30th.
Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 20th.
- List of References, including for each person: A) how you know them/where you worked with them B) their email and C) their cell phone. You may also submit letters of recommendation, but this is not required.
- Cover letter answering the following questions: Why are you in this industry? What career path do you see yourself taking over the next 5 years? What differentiates an average back of the house or front of the house professional from an exceptional one? Why should you win this award?
About LA Chef Conference, the leading restaurant industry conference on the West Coast: We are extremely passionate about creating educational and inspiring content and creating community for our industry friends and clients.This year's conference includes panel discussions, live cooking demos, food festival, and more!
2023 Talent List to Date:
Ruth Reichl, Phil Rosenthal, Nyesha Arrington, Bill Addison, Caroline Styne, William Bradley, Justin Pichetrungsi, Gilberto Cetina, Hillary Dixler Canavan, Tim Hollingsworth, Courtney Storer, Jenn Harris, Gavin Kaysen, Lesley Suter, Jeremy Fox, Susan Feniger, Della Gossett, Keith Corbin, Ari Rosenson, Ryan Wilson, Rashida Holmes, Jordan Okun, Andrew Friedman, Brian Bornemann, Travis Swikard, Sammy Monsour, Ti Martin, Josh Sharkey, Benjamin Udave, Anthony Zaller, Beverly Kim, Anthony Myint, Bricia Lopez, Bill Esparza, Shane Call, Jeff Goodman, Mary Sue Milliken, Eric Greenspan, Lawrence Longo, Alycia Harshfield, Michael Benson, Rose H. Besone, Lorena Tomb, Dan Fagan, Heather Sperling, Lenora Marouani, Leigh Davidson