Internships & Work Experience
Internship opportunities are available to currently enrolled LATTC Transportation students who meet program eligibility.
City of Los Angeles & LATTC Dealer Automotive Technician Internship Program
- Program Purpose: To provide relevant dealership industry internship experiences to LATTC Automotive Technician students.
- Program Duration: Seven to ten weeks, total of 130-150 hours with intern schedule and total hours determined by LATTC with Participating Dealership
- Program Components:
- Internship can be paid or unpaid
- Paid Internship: 150-225 hours with students earning 2-3 college units
- Unpaid Internship: 130-195 hours with students earning 2-3 college units
- Dealerships provide opportunities based on tasks that align to ASE certification that will be tailored to technician intern duties
- Joint certificate indicating areas covered awarded to intern completers from LATTC/Dealership