> Counseling Services & Support
> Become a Mentor
Become a Mentor
Interested in Becoming a Mentor?
Over the years, thousands of professionals: judges, doctors, teachers, entrepreneurs, and civic leaders have taken time from their busy schedules to serve as volunteer mentors to Puente students in programs across the state.
What do Puente Mentors do?
- Commit to mentor a student for 1 academic year (2 semesters).
- Meet with the student at least three times a semester.
- Contact the student at least once a month to help maintain a relationship.
- Help the student with mentor-related classroom assignments.
- Acquaint the student with their own educational and career background and professional expertise.
- Serve as a positive role model and encourage the achievement of higher education.
- Support their fellow mentors by sharing their mentor experiences.
- Participate in mentor-related Puente Project activities
How to become a Puente Mentor?
Email: Jolene Martin at martinjm3@lattcedu