CSU General Education
List of Pathway Programs All Academic Programs
The Certificate of Achievement in CSU General Education (CSU-GE-Breadth) is a program designed for students planning to transfer to either the California State University (CSU) system. It offers students a program of study which meets CSU general education transfer requirements. Although the certificate recognizes the completion of CSU general education requirements, it does not guarantee admission to a specific campus within the CSU system nor does it guarantee admission to a specific major. Some majors and colleges may require a different lower division preparation and/or a higher GPA than is necessary for this certificate.
Students who intend to transfer must meet all current CSU general education transfer requirements including minimum GPA and eligibility for certification. Students are strongly advised to meet with a counselor to discuss transfer requirements and lower division major preparation that is needed for their intended transfer school.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Upon completion of the Certificate program, students are able to:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Critically analyze and solve problems using the appropriate technique for the issue at hand, including appropriate use of logic, mathematics, multi-disciplinary, and cultural considerations where applicable.
- Critically examine the function, media, subject matter, organization, aesthetic, style, and relative excellence of representative examples of the arts, literature, philosophy, and foreign languages including approaches from various historical, cultural, and gender-based origins.
- Develop an understanding of the information available, the perspectives and approaches of the physical, biological, social and behavioral sciences, appreciating the power and limits of these methods of inquiry and both individual, ethical, and societal responsibilities.
- Organize and present information in person in a logical and understandable manner.
||Required Course Units
||Total Major Units
|CSU General Education