The Associate in Arts in Kinesiology for Transfer (AA-T) program is designed to prepare students for CSU transfer to complete a bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Physical Education, pre-Physical Therapy, Athletic Training and other related allied health professions. Interested students may also pursue careers as personal trainers.
Students completing the AA-T in Kinesiology are guaranteed admission to the California State University system, although not necessarily to a particular campus or major of choice. Students should consult with a counselor for more information on university admission and transfer requirements as this AA-T in Kinesiology degree may not be the best option for students intending to transfer to a particular CSU campus or to a college or university that is not part of the CSU system.
The Associate in Arts in Kinesiology for Transfer (AA-T) degree will be awarded upon completion of the following:
- Completion of 60 transferable semester units to the California State University
- Obtainment of a minimum grade point average of 2.0 in all transferable coursework.
- Full completion of one the following General education patterns
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC), with “C”s or better in all coursework AND completion of Area 1C
- Oral communication (CSU admission requirement)
- California State University General Education – Breadth Requirements (CSU GE). Areas A1, A2, A3, & B4 must be completed with a grade of “C” or better (CSU admission requirement)
- A minimum of 20 semester units required for the major
- All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of “C” or better or a “P” if the course is taken on a “Pass-No Pass” basis (Title 5 § 55063).