CAOT - Office Assistant-Clerical
The Computer Applications and Office Technologies (CAOT) degree and certificate programs are designed to provide students with administrative and clerical competency skills required for employment in a variety of areas, such as business and industry, government agencies, schools, and hospitals. The degree and certificate options are designed to meet the varying needs of a wide spectrum of students, including those seeking:
- Associate in Arts degree(s)
- Certificate(s) that are specific to a discipline or area
- Entry into the job market
- Advanced training and/or retraining
- Lifelong learning
By fulfilling the program requirements, students are prepared for entry level positions, promotion, and career advancement in a variety of office occupations. Students will be proficient in the use of software application programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Internet research.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Upon completion of the Degree/Certificate program, students are able to:
- Utilize the computer to process, organize, and present data and information to advance format with no errors.
- Demonstrate the ability to critically analyze and interpret data in various materials effectively trouble-shoot, problem-solve with limited resources, and plan strategically.
- Write reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information for private, public and governmental organizations.
|Award Title||Award Type||Required Course Units||Total Major Units||GE Units|
|CAOT: Office Assistant-Clerical||AA||32||42||21|
|CAOT: Office Assistant-Clerical||C||34||34|