> Counseling Services & Support
> University Transfer Center
> General Education (GE) Options for Transfer
> IGETC: UC system
IGETC: UC system
The most popular of the G.E. pattern options, IGETC (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum) will complete the Lower Division G.E. requirements for the California State Universities (CSU) and for the University of California (UC) campuses. (Exceptions can be found on the back of the IGETC form). IGETC must be certified at LATTC. Students must request this certification, which is sent to the transfer institution.
- Keeps students' options open if they don't know where they are going to transfer.
- With careful course selection, closely parallels LATTC G.E. and CSU G.E./Breadth.
- Provides flexibility in course selection with most areas.
- Competition of IGETC satisfies high school admission requirements, which some students may be missing.
- Completion of IGETC satisfies the new (Fall '98) UC transfer admissions criteria.
- Certain high unit majors (i.e.: sciences) require more Lower Division preparation, leaving little room to complete a G.E. pattern before transfer.
- Students completing math admission requirements in high school may not wish to take more math-as required on IGETC- if math is not required for the major they choose.
- Must be completed before enrolling at the transfer institution in order to "count" for meeting graduation requirements. If IGETC is not completed, students must fulfill G.E pattern of the transfer campus before graduating from that campus.
- No grade lower than a "C" may be used on IGETC. A grade of "C-" will not count.
- No foreign work may be used on IGETC.
- Should not be used for all majors.