Interdisciplinary Studies - Arts and Sciences
List of Pathway Programs All Academic Programs
Students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university may choose the Associate in Arts degree with a major in Liberal Arts and Sciences by choosing one of the options listed below.
The Liberal Arts degree is designed for students who desire a broad base of knowledge in the liberal arts and sciences. The Liberal Arts degree is one option for students who plan to transfer to a four-year university, including the California State University (CSU) or the University of California (UC).
NOTE: Students need to complete additional units to meet the required 60 units for the Associate of Arts degree.
Students should be aware that not all courses on this list are offered every semester.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Upon completion of the Degree program, students are able to:
- Apply scientific principles, theories, and/or models to explain or predict the behavior of natural physical phenomena.
- Apply scientific knowledge and reasoning to evaluate the human interaction with the natural world and identify major issues impacting society.
- Apply and construct written, verbal, numeric or non-verbal expression to convey logical thought, analyze arguments and self-express.
- Critically evaluate communication in a symbol system appropriate to the academic discipline.
- Articulate the human condition through language, reasoning, artistic and/or cultural creation.
- Examine the perspectives, principles, theories, methods, and core concepts of the social and behavioral sciences within their contemporary, historical, cultural and geographical contexts.
- Compare and contrast the values, attitudes, modes of creative expression, and/or dynamics of interpersonal interactions of people from diverse cultural and societal backgrounds.
||Required Course Units
||Total Major Units
|Interdisciplinary Studies: Arts and Sciences