Administration of Justice
List of Pathway Programs All Academic Programs
The Associate in Science in Administration of Justice for Transfer (AS-T) prepares students for entry-level positions as police officers, police reserve officers, police assistants, and community service officers in police and sheriff’s departments and for positions in private security as well as preparation for careers in probation, parole, and federal law enforcement agencies. Emphasis is on critical thinking, oral communication skills, and writing skills essential to today’s law enforcement employees. Students are kept informed of changes in law enforcement such as community policing, laws of arrest, search and seizure, and updates to the state penal code. Role playing and Moot court presentation are included to enhance oral communication skills and preparation of written reports. Training is also provided in the area of crime analysis and use of computer technology in law enforcement.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Full completion of one of the following General education patterns:
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC), with “C”s or better in all coursework AND completion of Area 1C Oral communication (CSU admission requirement)
- California State University General Education – Breadth Requirements (CSU GE). Areas A1, A2, A3, & B4 must be completed with a grade of “C” or better (CSU admission requirement)
- A minimum of 18 semester units required for the major
- All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of “C” or better or a “P” if the course is taken on a “Pass-No Pass” basis (Title 5 § 55063).
The Associate in Science in Administration of Justice for Transfer (AS-T) degree will be awarded upon completion of the following:
- Completion of 60 transferable semester units to the California State University.
- Obtainment of a minimum grade point average of 2.0 in all transferable coursework.
||Required Course Units
||Total Major Units
|Administration of Justice