List of Pathway Programs All Academic Programs
The Chemical Technician (CT) or science technician occupations are becoming the fastest growing occupational category in the United States. The chemical technician generally performs laboratory analysis or testing in a wide variety of biological and physical science settings such as; environmental, drinking water, wastewater treatment, pharmaceutical, cosmetics and petroleum refi neries; grading studies of materials, and quality control of industrial chemicals. Training is provided in applied chemistry, physics and mathematics as well as instrumentation, biotechnology, industrial processes, computerized analysis and quality control. The CT program is also designed to help students prepare for a smooth transition into other science related BA/BS degree programs at LATTC.
At the conclusion of this program, students will have the skills necessary for:
- Working in the chemical process industry, including treatment plants
- Monitoring safety/health and environmental regulations
- Sampling and handling chemical materials
- Measuring physical properties
- Performing chemical analysis
- Performing instrumental analysis
- Planning, designing and conducting experiments, and
- Synthesizing compounds
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Upon completion of the Degree/Certifi cate program, students are able to:
- Perform laboratory processes consistent with industrial practice.
- Explain principles and applications of chemical instrumentation.
- Recognize and apply industrial regulatory processes.
||Required Course Units
||Total Major Units