> Counseling Services & Support
> Extended Opportunity Programs and Services
> EOPS Online & In-Person Tutoring
EOPS Online & In-Person Tutoring
EOPS students struggling in their courses may receive a referral to online tutoring through tutor.com or in-person one-on-one tutoring at Academic Connections.
In person Tutoring
- Visit the EOPS Office in Juniper Hall, Room 416
- Obtain the tutoring referral from an EOPS Counselor
- Take the referral to Academic Connections located in Mariposa Hall
- Schedule an appointment with Academic Connections by letting the staff know you are part of EOPS
- Appointments are 30 minute sessions
Through a partnership with Tutor.com, LATTC EOPS will offer 24/7 online tutoring that connects current students one-to-one with a subject expert tutor the minute they need assistance. The tutoring service can be accessed from any internet-enabled computer or mobile device
Online tutoring is available in the following subject areas:
- Math– Fundamentals of Math, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calculus I & II, Geometry, Introduction to Statistics, Business Statistics
- Science–Principles of Biology, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Chemistry I & II, Physics I & II, Human Anatomy and Physiology I & II, Organic Chemistry I & II
- English – Grammar, Reading Comprehension, American Literature
- Writing & Essay Review – Review papers and essays
- History– U.S. History, Western Civilization and American Government and Citizenship
- Business– Accounting, Finance, Economics, Management
- En Espanol – Math, Science and Social Studies
Additionally, the program also offers resources such as study tools, lessons, test prep materials, and instructional videos.
Check out how tutor.com works
Tips for a successful session
- Have a question or concept you would like to review with a tutor ready.
- Enter your question and any important notes in the pre-session survey. This will save you time while you are in a session with a tutor.
- It is important that you remove any identifying information (like your name) from your documents before uploading them into the classroom.
- Upload your papers in advance on the pre-session page to maximize your tutoring time.
To access tutor.com
- Visit tutor.com/lattceops
- Use your tutor.com username & password (visit the EOPS office if you don’t have a username & password)
- Scroll over to the relevant subject to be connected to a tutor
- After you work with a tutor, you can:
- Print your session or share it via email
- Review your session again at any time
- Save your tutor as a “Favorite”
- If you run out of minutes stop by the EOPS office to have more loaded on to your account