> Counseling Services & Support
> Veterans Resource Center
Veterans Resource Center
All in-person services are suspended. Services will be available online only as they are available. See the Coronavirus Updates news post for more information.
Office hours and contact info
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Closed holidays and weekends
Los Angeles Trade Technical College
Veterans Resource Center
400 W. Washington Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90015-4181
LATTC Welcomes Veterans!
Thank you for your service and for choosing Los Angeles Trade Technical College to pursue your academic goals. Here, you’ll find a warm and supportive environment where you can succeed.
The Veterans Resource Center proudly serves active-duty, reserve service members, Veterans, and eligible family members.
Our Veterans Resource Center (VRC) provides the following support:
- Assistance with the GI Bill® applications
- GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at benefits.va.gov/gibill
Stop by our one-stop Veterans Resource Center (VRC) that has a Student Veterans Lounge area with eight (8) computer stations, study desk, conference room where we hold monthly workshops, study group sessions, and club meetings.
The Veterans Resource Center (VRC) at the Los Angeles Trade Technical College opened in 2010. Our dedicated staff are available to help veterans with individual assistance to initiate their educational benefits at our front reception area. In addition, we offer the following:
- Academic Counselors
- Financial Aid Technician
- Veterans Benefits
- Employment Assistance
- Individual and group study sessions
- Referrals to community agencies serving Veterans
- Student Veteran Lounge & computer stations
- One-on-one Student Information System (SIS) portal navigation assistance
- Money Management/Stress Management/Sustainability Workshops
- Victorious Vets Tech Mental Health and Wellness Program
- Peer mentoring and more
- Access to support services on and off campus
The academic success of each veteran is our number one priority. In addition to providing services to veterans, we also encourage spouses and dependents to utilize our services.
STEPS TO INITIATE VA EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS
- Request Transcripts: If you have attended college(s) outside the Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD), the transcripts must be mailed to LATTC Admissions and Records Office. (Hand-delivered are not considered official.) 400 West Washington Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90015 NOTE: You will only be certified the first semester without official transcripts. VA Certification requests will not be processed unless you provide an updated Student Educational Plan (SEP) as proof of counselor official transcript evaluation.
- Financial Aid: applying for financial aid is highly recommended as it will not affect VA benefits. Logon to http://www.fafsa.ed.gov.
WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO SUBMIT TO THE VETERANS OFFICE?
Provide the following documents to the LATTC Veterans Office:
- Eligibility Letter provided by the VA
- Copy of DD-214 (Member 4) - (Eligible to receive two units of Health credit, one unit of Kinesiology credit and three units of elective credit for the AA/AS degree, an exemption and partial certification for the CSU General Education Plan Area E (Lifelong Learning and Self Development)
- Veterans Student Educational Plan (SEP) provided by the counselor. Courses not on SEP must be approved by the VA Counselor. Minor adjustments are approved without an appointment within 2 business days. Major adjustments require an appointment for a revised plan.
- Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation) requires a 22-1905 form provided by the Voc Rehabilitation Counselor. Chapter 35 (Dependents) requires the veteran’s file number or a copy of the veteran’s DD-214.
Certifications will be processed within 3 business days.
HOW AND WHO QUALIFIES FOR PRIORITY REGISTRATION?
- Fully matriculated active-duty military and Veteran students.
- Not on academic or progress probation.
- If DD-214 indicates anything but dishonorable discharge.
- •(Department of Defense 214 (DD-214) is a document issued by the US DoD, upon a military service member's retirement, separation, or discharge from active-duty.)
- While enrolled at Los Angeles Trade Technical College, students may also take courses at other colleges; however, student must request a “Parent School Letter” to take additional courses at other college(s).
- Veteran students who wish to concurrently enroll must ensure that the class(es) taken is listed on the Veterans Student Educational Plan (SEP).
- The Parent School Letter (PSL) will be emailed to the college/university Veteran Services Office for certification.
- Spring and Fall: 12 units
- Winter (5 weeks): 4 units
- Summer (5 Weeks):4 units
- Summer (8 Weeks): 6 units
At least one unit must be on campus to qualify for BAH (Chapter 33 Post/911 only)
- Available to any veteran or dependents of a veteran. If we have spaces available.
- Must be enrolled in 9 units or more.
- 25 hours maximum per week.
- Currently the hourly rate is $13.00.
- Complete the work-study application and submit it to the Veterans Services Office
NOTE: Payment is issued after every two weeks or 50 hours completed.