> Counseling Services & Support
> Umoja Community
> Your Commitment
As a participating student in the LATTC Umoja program you must follow the Program’s rules and expectations and contribute positively to overall Umoja community. You are ultimately responsible for your college and personal success. Above all else, you need to make a commitment to fulfill your potential as a college student, apositive contributor to your surrounding communities, and your best possible self. In order to do this, you must:
- Sustain and strengthen the Umoja environment by being attentive, dedicated, self-motivated, focused, supportive, optimistic, enthusiastic and mature.
- Attend class on a daily basis and inform my instructors when you are or are going to be absent. When returning from an absence you should be responsible for meeting with instructors to catch up on missed curriculum and assignments.
- Come to class on-time to demonstrate respect for your academic commitment as well as that of your instructors and classmates.
- Demonstrate your commitment to academic success and professional development by refraining from the use of foul language and inappropriate dress attire.
- Come to class prepared and be willing to participate.
- Be proactive in your academic studies and keep track of your academic progress and current class/grade standing.
- Ask for additional support when you feel it is needed.
- Complete all assignments given to you by your instructors.
- Inform your instructors and Umoja staff members of any situations that might delay or prevent your academic progress.
- Meet regularly with instructors, tutors and mentors to ensure academic success and professional development.
- Participate in supplemental Umoja programming to the best of your ability.