Current Student

This website uses cookies
We use cookies to personalize content, providing better support to each student. We do not share information about your use of our site with any advertising companies. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use this feature. About Cookies

Not a Student
Clear/Deselect All Checkboxes

My Profile

Not a Student

My Pathway

Select the Current Student button above to unlock the pathway

Enrollment & Special Cases

Home > Services > Financial Aid > Withdrawal Policy

Withdrawal Policy


FATV Video: If I drop a course or withdraw, what will happen to my financial aid?


Change of Enrollment

Colleges must review payments of funds to students each enrollment period to determine if students have received an overpayment.  If you receive a disbursement and then drop units, you may be subject to repayment of some or all of the funds you received.

It is your responsibility to drop your classes through the Admissions Office if you do not attend.  Failure to drop classes may result in a financial aid overpayment, which may require repayment of the financial aid you received.

Example:  You were enrolled in 12 units (full-time) at the beginning of the semester and received your first check for $1,000.  You then drop 3 classes (9 units) and remain in 3 units (less than half-time).  The full payment for less than half-time enrollment is $432.  You are overpaid $568 and you must repay this amount before receiving any further financial aid.

If it is determined that you owe a repayment, and you do NOT repay the funds, a hold will be placed on your academic record, your debt will be reported to the U. S. Department of Education for collection, and you will not be eligible for further financial aid at any postsecondary institution until the debt is paid in full.

Students who receive federal financial aid and then withdraw from ALL classes may have to repay some of the federal funds they received.



Students who receive federal financial aid and then withdraw from ALL approved classes at their financial aid processing school may have to repay some or all of the federal funds they received.  This also applies to students enrolled at more than one campus.

A student’s eligibility for financial aid is based upon enrollment.  The Higher Education Amendment of 1998 governs the Return to Title IV Funds Policy for a student who completely withdraws from a period of enrollment, i.e., semester, at the homeschool.  A student who receives federal financial aid and then withdraws to less than one financial aid eligible unit is considered withdrawn for R2T4 purposes and may have to repay some or all of the federal funds received.

R2T4 rules indicate that during the initial 60% of the semester, a student “earns” aid in direct proportion to his/her enrollment.  The percentage of time the student remains enrolled is the percentage of aid for that period of enrollment.  A student who remains enrolled beyond the 60% point of the semester has earned all aid disbursed for the period.  "Unearned" aid is the amount of federal financial aid disbursed that exceeds the amount the student has earned.  Unearned aid other than Federal Work-Study may be subject to repayment.

If R2T4 calculations determine that a student owes a repayment, the student will be notified by email.  The student has 45 calendar days from the date of the notification to repay.  A hold will be placed on the student’s academic and financial aid records.  The hold will prevent the student from receiving college services and will jeopardize future financial aid eligibility.  Unpaid overpayments will be reported to the U.S. Department of Education for collection.

Students should contact the Financial Aid Office before withdrawing from all of their classes to understand the implications of their actions.  For the refund policy on enrollment fees and non-resident tuition, please see the College Schedule of Classes or the College Catalog.


Again: Failure to repay these funds will result in the denial of future federal financial aid at all colleges.  The college is also required to report grant overpayments to the National Student Loan Data System.

Social Media Directory 
  • LATTC Official on Facebook
  • LATTC Official on Twitter
  • LATTC Official on Instagram
  • LATTC Official on LinkedIn
  • LATTC Official on Snapchat
  • LATTC Official on YouTube
  • LATTC Official RSS Feed

Links to More Important LATTC Info

Are You a High School Counselor?

Visit our Outreach & Recruitment page to setup a campus tour or get more information for your students to share on your campus. We can also schedule a time to visit your campus. Click the button below for more information or email

Outreach & Recruitment

Do You Have a Story To Share?

Visit our Public Relations page to get in touch with us. Our team will either reach out to you to for information or you can share it using the Public Relations Form. You can also call the office line at 213-763-7063 or email

Public Relations Office

Visitor Buttons

Safety and More General Info

Getting to LATTC and Contacting Us


Los Angeles Trade Technical College
400 West Washington Blvd, Los Angeles 90015
Phone (213) 763-7000 - Fax (213) 763-5393

Student Success Scorecard


Campus Map
Getting Here
Phone Directory
Social Media Directory

Whistleblower Hotline

Protect the integrity of the Los Angeles Community College District by reporting improper activity today to the Whistleblower Hotline at 1-800-851-3699 or see the
Whistleblower Info PDF
Whistleblower Website for BuildLACCD Projects

Copyright © 2022 LATTC. All Rights Reserved.