> Employment & Career Services
> Cooperative Work Experience Education
Cooperative Work Experience Education
Students employed in a job not related to their major should enroll in:
COOP ED General Course: 395
Students employed in a job related to their major should enroll in:
COOP ED MAJOR Course: 941
Section: See schedule
Cooperative Work Experience Education (CWEE) combines on-the-job experience with regular classroom instruction. It is designed to expand students’ skills and knowledge, and to improve self-understanding by integrating classroom study with supervised work experience.
CWEE is based on the principle that well-educated individuals develop most effectively through the incorporation of related education and work experience. By monitoring structured work experiences in business, industry, government and human services settings, LATTC provides enrichment to college studies which enhance the student’s total development.
In the Cooperative Work Experience Education program, individual student educational objectives are carefully planned and coordinated between the College, student, and employer to ensure a positive and realistic employment experience.
Los Angeles Trade Technical College uses College Central Network as a job resource and resume system. The site is available 24/7 to students, alumni, and employers.
- Students, quickly apply to jobs and Internship/Co-op opportunities posted exclusively for you, and search other opportunities via Jobs Central®, Intern Central®, and national job boards.
- Students can create and upload resumes and career portfolios to make available to employers.
- Access our events calendar, and career/job search advice documents, podcasts, videos and more.
- Review Career Fair information and company recruitment visits.
- Employers can search for talented students and alumni, and post unlimited jobs for free.
Cooperative Work Experience Education has the following objectives:
- To provide opportunity for the student to secure employment on a parttime or full-time basis.
- To gain realistic work experience that is meaningfully related to the student’s college study program.
- To provide the student the opportunity to acquire knowledge, skills, and attitudes essential for successful employment.
A student enrolled in Cooperative Work Experience Education:
- Has the opportunity to learn or improve employment skills under actual working conditions.
- Gains perspective on career goals through application of classroom theory to “real life experience.”
- Builds self-identity and confidence as a worker through individual attention given by instructor/coordinators and employers.
- Has opportunities to test personal abilities in work environments.
- Has a more realistic approach to the Job market.
- May refer to work experience education in future job applications.
- Benefits financially while learning, and can begin a career earlier.