How to Exclude Students Online
LATTC Technology Committee
Formerly Campus Technology Integration
Updated on August 24, 2003
1) NOTES: Only the instructor of record will be granted access to exclude students online. At this time, administrators, department chairs or anyone other than the instructor of record will be denied access to exclude students online in classes other than their own. Also, you will only be allowed to exclude students if you do so within the normal time frame allowed each semester and for your specific class.
2) Go to: http://www.laccd.edu/ and click on Faculty and Staff Resources link. From there you can select "Faculty Services - Instructor System" and then select "View Your Class Roster.".
3) Take note of the hours you can access the system. It is not accessible 24 hours a day. You can read the HOW TO USE THIS SYSTEM if you are new to using it. Click on "Instructor System".
4) Enter your DEC User ID (In most cases, this is the first 6 letters of your last name, or fewer letters if your entire last name is less than six letters, followed by your first initial and, if you have one, your middle initial. – Example: the DEC User ID for John Q. Public would be PUBLICJQ.
5) Enter your DEC Password - If you are a current DEC user, you already have a password that will also work for this purpose.
- If you are NOT a current, authorized DEC user, use your employee number for your DEC password.
- If neither of the options above allow you to continue, contact Management Information Systems (MIS) in A102, ext. 437, to obtain an Information System Access Request and Agreement form.
6) Click on the blue “Submit” button.
7) When it pulls up the webpage, verify your name and employee id number. If it is not you, log off and try again. Then click on "Exclude Student" link.
8) Select the college and the year from the pull-down menus. Type in the year and the section number of the roster you want to view. Select the Sequence of how you want the information to be presented.
9) Click on the blue “Submit” button.
10) Read the directions and note the dates above the list of students in the class.
11) You must enter the date of exclusion EXACTLY as it shows in the example: (mm/dd/yyyy). You can exclude as many students as you want at the same time. When you have entered the dates for all of the students you want to exclude, you need to click on the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.
13) After a few seconds, the computer will return with the results of your submission. It will list all of the students you wanted to drop with a **SUCCESSFUL** status next to their name or it will tell you what mistakes you need to correct before the process can conclude. If you were successful, PRINT the page, SIGN IT, and submit it to the Registration Office. It is very important to our campus audit process that you submit that paper in a timely manner.
14) You may then chose to view another course roster or exclude students from another class or exit the system.