- Ron Johnson, the CPM Project Director has retired. Deryl Redden has taken his place. Deryl has both Design and Construction Management experience for Higher Education Projects. His phone number is 213-763-7392 and email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deryl has been approved by LATTC and DMJM/JGM Management.
- Deryl Redden, Ron Johnson and Bill Smith, LATTC Facilities Manager visited the Apffel's Coffee House as a potential office space for the CPM Team to move into in the future. It appears that these buildings are not seismically retrofitted and ultimately scheduled for demolition. Therefore, it is not advisable to invest dollars for seismic retrofitting. CPM has other alternatives such as leasing of trailers as has been the case at other LACCD Campuses.
- The Monthly Report Executive Summary is now posted on the web at http://www.lattc.edu/lattc/a-aa/report.htm and is updated monthly.
- Construction Phase for the Auto-Metal Building has commenced. The project is divided into 3 packages, and NTP for Phase 1 was issued December 30, 2003. Phase II will commence on the last week of January 2004. The project is on schedule. The CPM is organizing pre- construction meetings with all contractors involved to coordinate submittals, schedules and work progress.
- Health Department approval for the Espresso and Cappuccino commissary can take upto 21 days The plan check cost has been reported to the LATTC Facilities. As soon as a check is received in favor of the Health Department, CPM & Deluxe will accompany & assist Facilities to obtain the permit. CPM anticipates the cart to be operational by mid-February.
- A resolution meeting will be held between the LATTC Management, CPM and MDA JF to review comments on Value Engineering Report submitted by HFG. After this meeting LATTC Management will decide what aspects of the report should be incorporated in the design of the North & South Building- South Campus.
- Final comments by the LATTC administration are pending with reference to the Gymnasium Complex schematic design. LATTC Campus will either give direction to proceed with the current design concept or revert to design, which could potentially delay submission of the final DD submittal date. CPM is current reviewing the schedule to evaluate the impact of both scenarios.
- A copy of the 'Opinions' by California Legislative Counsel regarding a Public Agency using incentive and rebate programs for Energy saving measures and its Installations was received via Siemens on January 20, 2004 with favorable conditions for inclusion in the calculations which may assist LATTC in initiating the PV System.
|The following are milestone events for LATTC projects:
|| 3 of 5 proposals were received for Repair and Removal of the existing tanks. An RFC will be issued by late January 2004.
|| Subterranean Parking & Athletic Field DD Review is ongoing.
North & South Buildings
| NTP issued for 50 % CD Phase on January 22, 2004.
| Design of demolition plan is pending approval and initiation of Hazmat Survey.
|Auto Metal Building - PV Panel
|| Awaiting decision of District on adoption of California Legislative Counsel opinions on energy saving incentives and rebate program.
|Auto Metal Building
|| Phase 1 of construction commenced January 5, 2004 and Phase II will commence 2nd week of February.
|| The Apffel's Coffee House acquisition is complete.
|| Pending approval of Design concept by LATTC Administration on Exterior Treatment.
|Child Development Center
|| DSA Approval is pending.
|| Pending SD Package final Approval by LATTC Administration
Following is a cost status summary:
- Encumbered Amount: $ 25.83 Million
- Prop A Bond Fund Amount: $ 143.42 Million
- % Encumbered: 18.01 %
Details of cost status are presented under Section 4.
Design activities have proceeded as planned in January 2004 with general completion as follows:
- F Ramp- 18.9 %
- Gymnasium- 23.1%
- Construction Technology Yard Building- 87.7 %
- Auto Metal Building- 100%
- South Campus- North and South Building- 28.2 %
Construction activity update is as follows:
Auto Metal Building- Mobilization- December 30, 2003
Details of the Schedule status are presented under Section 5.