Spring 2005 Learning Communities
A New Way to Learn, A New Way to Teach!
A Learning Community is a holistic and innovative approach to learning designed for student success. It links two or more classes with a common theme, content and activities. It is a group of students and faculty working collaboratively in a friendly, supportive and home-like environment.
“Being in this class was like putting glasses on…all of a sudden I got it. I liked the support and encouragement I got from my instructors, I understand math concepts and the formulas I need in order tomake cost estimations and other calculations”.
(E. Bowman, Culinary Arts student)
“LC students are more enthusiastic, creative, involved and committed. They put a lot of effort into each essay and assignment and fully embrace the class discussions and class projects”.
(Learning Communities instructor)
Enroll in a Learning Community!
- Become a better speaker, reader, writer, and thinker.
- Improve your math skills.
- Increase your GPA and success on the job.
- Enjoy a supportive community of students and instructors.
- Get ON TRACK for your certificate, degree and/or transfer.
- Receive specialized tutoring and counseling services.
Click here for more information about LC classes and how you can register.
Teach in a Learning Community!
- Gain the satisfaction of improved student outcomes.
- Enjoy the collaboration with other faculty.
- Expand your repertoire of teaching strategies.
Click here to learn more about this program and how you can get started.
For more information on Learning Communities please contact Michal Orenstein at (213) 763-7387 or firstname.lastname@example.org