March 15, 2020
TAGS: Alert, CalWORKS, Coronavirus, COVID-19, WorkSource Center
Attention LATTC Students
Last Updated: March 27, 2020
March 25, 2020
March 15, 2020
BOARD ACTION SUMMARY FROM MARCH 14 EMERGENCY MEETING:
Effective immediately, the Board of Trustees unanimously approved the following steps at its emergency meeting on March 14, including to:
- Suspend all classes Monday, March 16 through Sunday, March 29.
- Move the District’s Spring Break to run Monday, March 23 through Sunday, March 29 instead of the currently scheduled break, April 6-11.
- Suspend in-person services at the colleges, March 16-28. During this time, there will be many offices at the colleges that will also be closed to the public and some staff will begin to work remotely throughout this period with supervisorial approval.
- Begin remote learning (online education) and remote business operations on Monday, March 30 through the end of the spring semester.
ALL public programs, athletic events and other activites that are expected to attract more 100 people are canceled or postponed at All LACCD Colleges and District facilities until April 13, 2020
Do student workers come to work March 16-29?
No. Student workers (including tutors, cadets, CGCA’s) are not to report to work for the next two weeks. They will be paid what they would have regularly earned for those days.
Are all classes suspended for the next two weeks, even the ones that are currently online?
Yes. Classes resume on March 30.
Are the Child Development Centers open this week?
Yes. The Child Development Centers will remain open March 16-20, but they will be closed March 23-27 for spring break. If severely impacted by high absenteeism, the centers may be required to close.
We will also have a special toll free Call Center at (844) My LACCD or (844-695-2223) to help you.
The Call Center will be open beginning Wednesday, March 18.
Vernon-Central/LATTC Work Source Center
- Temporarily closed to the public at LATTC
- Providing services at YMCA - 1006 E 28th St., Los Angeles, CA 90011 - starting March 17th
- Phone: 213-763-5951
See current information on the Spring 2020 Schedule of Classes